1) In honor of snubbed John Maine, who's probably a little steamed about not making the team, the only All-Star born in Maine is also the state's winningest all-time pitcher (115 wins). He pitched in the All-Star Game in 1979 and 1983, and has a significant connection to Mets history. Name him.2) Most really intense Mets fans probably know that Richie Ashburn was the team's first All-Star in 1962. What member of baseball royalty was the second, the next season?
3) The pitcher who lost the 2001 All-Star Game happens to be a former Met, and wasn't a Met for long. Name him.
4) Three players who played in the 1969 All-Star Game went on to play for the Mets later in their careers. Willie Mays is the outfielder in that trio. Name the two infielders, the National Leaguer who is remembered fondly for his Mets stint, and the American Leaguer who isn't.
5) Name the Met who wasn't an All-Star at some point in his career: Ellis Valentine, Jose Lima, Rick Cerone, Felix Mantilla or Gary Templeton.
6) Kenny Rogers has allowed 3 All-Star Game home runs, one in each game in which he pitched. Last year he allowed one to David Wright. In 2005, he allowed one to Andruw Jones. Name the former Met who homered off Rogers in the 1995 All-Star Game.
7) Ron Guidry walked in then-Met Lee Mazzili with the game-winning run in the 1979 All-Star Game. The losing pitcher in that game was not Guidry. It was someone who went on to become a Met in Name, but never in Game. Name this NeverMet.
8)Willie Randolph's first of four All-Star Game base hits came in the 1977 All-Star Game against someone who once pitched for the Mets. Name the pitcher.
9) Take 0, 1, and 2 as possible answers. Use them each once and fill in the blanks.
Bill Buckner is a ___-time All-Star
Rich Gedman is a ___-time All-Star
Mookie Wilson is a ___-time All-Star