The Mets rallied from 8-0 down to beat the Orioles, 9-8 by walk-off on Thursday.
So much for the SI prediction jinx...
Had it counted in our tally...
* It would have been the biggest deficit overcome in a Mets walk-off win. The previous mark is 6, done twice, once against the Padres in 1972, the other against the Expos in 1997 (aka: "The Brand New Shiny One" game)
* It would have been Ramon Castro's second Mets walk-off hit, the first coming against the Marlins in 2005.
* It would have been the 4th time the Mets beat the Orioles via walk-off, including once in Game 4 of the 1969 World Series, when J.C. Martin's bunt, combined with an error, brought home the winning run. The other walk-off hits against the Orioles came from Carlos Baerga (1998, 1B), and Kurt Abbott (2000, HR)
* It would have been the 2nd-earliest walk-off win by date in Mets history, surpassed only by March 31, 1998 (Oopening Day), when the Mets beat the Phillies, 1-0 in 14 innings.
* It would have been the first walk-off win IN REGULATION with a 9-8 final score since the Mets beat Mariano Rivera and the Yankees, 9-8, on July 10, 1999.
A link that you might enjoy from Ash in England, in which he ranks the top 10 Mets walk-off home runs...
- Other Apps