Three fistbumps for Friday, and they go to Gary Sheffield, Omir (President) Santos and Mike Pelfrey.
* Mets walk-off win #359 was their third walk-off win of the season and second this month. They are 3-3 in walk-off games this season. It is the third time in the last four seasons that the Mets won a May 29 game via walk-off. Those are the only three walk-off wins in Mets history that took place on May 29.
* The Mets have had a walk-off on the 29th day of a month in each of the last four seasons. Last year, they had one on April 29 against the Pirates.
* The Mets actually had a May 28 walk-off win against the Marlins last season, so this one nearly came a year to the day of that one.
* Omir Santos gets his first career walk-off hit. It was the first walk-off hit by a Mets catcher since Ramon Castro (how about that?) beat the Marlins with one on April 16, 2005. Coincidentally, Castro homered in that game, as Santos did in this one.
* The last three Mets catchers to win a game with a walk-off single: Gary Carter, Ramon Castro, and Omir Santos.
* Omir Santos is the first Met whose first name began with the letter O to get a walk-off RBI.
*Alphabetically speaking Omir comes between Norm (Sherry) and Ramon (Castro) on the Mets walk-off RBI list.
* Pedro Feliciano earned his first career Mets walk-off win in his 305th career game. Feliciano had held the mark for most Mets games pitched without a Mets walk-off win. The new mark is 257 games, by Ron Darling.
Feliciano, with game #305, tied Dwight Gooden and Aaron Heilman for 7th-most in Mets history.True Mets Fans Know How El Presidente Ousted Castro and...