Dare to dream...
This Date in Mets History tells us that on August 16, 1969 "The Mets amazing stretch drive, one that would carry them to the World Championship begins..."
Fistbumps to Daniel Murphy, Mike Pelfrey, and David Wright.
* Walk-off win number 360 (including postseason) was the Mets 4th walk-off win of the season, their first since May 29.
* It was Murphy's first walk-off RBI as a Met and the first by a Mets lefthanded hitter against a lefthanded pitcher since Carlos Delgado beat Scott Eyre and the Cubs with a two-run walk-off single on May 17, 2005.
* It was the Mets 71st walk-off 3-2 win, their first since beating the Nationals, 3-2 in 14 innings, on April 17, 2008.
* It was the Mets first 3-2 walk-off win IN REGULATION since a 3-2 walk-off win over the Marlins on April 9, 2006.
* It was the Mets 26th walk-off win against the Giants, the most famous of which was also a 3-2 final score, in 13 innings in Game 3 of the 2000 NLDS.
* It's the second time the Mets have beaten a pitcher, last name Romo, via walk-off. The other instance happened on September 28, 1982 against the Pirates. Similarly, this Romo was not in the game for the game-ending play, a walk-off hit by lefty swinging Rusty Staub against Pirates southpaw Rod Scurry.
* The Mets are now 1-0 in games on August 16 that were decided by walk-off. They've never had a walk-off loss on this date.
* Billy Murphy never had a walk-off RBI for the Mets, though he did score the winning run on Ron Swoboda's walk-off walk against the Braves on April 17, 1966.
* Daniel now trails David Murphy for most walk-off RBI by an active Murphy, 3-1. He has a ways to go to catch Dale Murphy, who had 11 career walk-off RBI.
True Metsmurphs know...The Mets had lost their previous four games in which they entered the bottom of the ninth inning tied.